Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Year in Color II Swap to Sam

My swap partner Sam posted some photos of the swap package I made for her through the All That I Love Swap . We shared swap packages which contain pink things or things we both love.

Sam's package all wrapped and delivered
For sam I collaged a heart shaped box with vintage inspired papers and images from an old book. I stamped the cover with the All That I Love theme and stained the box a bit, since I like a little aged look to my projects.

The box was then filled with collections of threads, ribbons, vintage velvet trims, and lace. Also there was a little round box with a vintage snowflake pin I found at a local thrift store.
The pin sits in a small round treasure box filled with vintage snow garland

Snippettes of fibers wrapped on a handstamped card


The clip board was collaged with the same style papers and vintage velvette trims, acorn millinery, and paper flowers from an etsy trade.



More fibers wrapped around spools , one with paper flowers tucked in the center.

This project was tons of fun and I really loved swapping with Sam. She sent me the most perfect handmade items and sharing with her was a real treat.

1 comment:

unity4all2004 said...

This is so cool! What a wonderful way to share with a "pen pal!" I love your work, Hope.