Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Triple Trouble Packaging Tutorial and New Products

This is the newest labeling and packaging ideas for Triple Trouble. I've been playing around with different packaging materials for quite some time and felt it was time to get serious about how I market my products. The goal was to find some consistency in the labeling of the products. I previously used a lot of the paper laces sold in the shop for wrapping and packing certain items but the paper was too short and limited what I could wrap. I was also wanting to include some thank you notes with my orders.

The handy shop stamp is perfect for stamping on my chipboard packaging and envelopes. I also used it on the back of the new thank you tags. My daughter, Heather made this and can make you one for your etsy shop, too! I have a stamp for each of my etsy shops. She did a great job designing them. Don't you think?

The stamp works well on vintage paper wrapping strips. This paper is the same antique dictionary paper used in my paper lace products. I cut the strips 2" wide and stamped the strip in the middle. they are ready to use on many different products. The string is vintage fine jute. It's charming and works great with the colors of my labeling papers.
The thank you tags are handmade using white card stock cut 5" x 2 1/2". The paper lace is layered over the white tag. and the tag is strung with vintage lace, jute, and dark brown paper cord. The T H A N K Y O U stamp was done using those little single letter stamps.
I like the irregularity of spacing and the sepia tones in this tag. The paper lace is cut from an antique children's book page. I punch the lace edge first and then cut the piece to fit the tag, 2 1/4" x 4", giving enough room for the sentiment on the bottom.
The back of the tag is blank and has plenty of room for a handwritten note thanking your buyer for being so awesome!
Wide paper lace strips can be used to wrap almost anything. This paper is 25" long. I cut it into 3" strips and set the strips aside so they are ready to use when I have a big bundle like this to wrap. These parchment pouches are great for filling with paper scraps, photographs, cookies, whatever!

Here's another example of how I bundle my etsy sales before shipping to the buyer. The clear plastic bag is actually a food storage bag. I buy them at discount stores, usually sold near the sandwich bags. They hold a lot of merchandise. The thank you tag fits around the top and gives this package a finished look.
Packaging products is a good way to impress your buyers. It gives products a professional look. Labeling is very important as well. The stamps are a very good investment and make a big impact when used in label making and packaging.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you can use some of the ideas I have shared here.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Love your new stamp Hope - it´s so great. Love your packaging ideas too. Everything looks perfect.
Your daughter did a great job with the stamp

Unknown said...

Thank you, Tina!