Saturday, March 27, 2010

Fruit ~ Not Just For Decoration

Our fruit bowl was overflowing with green apples and a very ripe pineapple. Theres nothing like fresh squeezed green apple juice and fresh pineapples mixed with blueberries!


I made one quart for me and one for Dan plus an extra big jar for sharing with friends.


This Hamilton Beach juicer is nice if you are looking for an economical juicer. It gets a lot of use here. It needs cleaned after pressing about a quart of juice. Clean up is easy but a bit messy and there's lots of pulp which needs to be discarded. I press my pulp a second time to get as much juice out of the apple as I can but my juice ends up a bit pulpy. We like it like that. It's fresh and tart and healthy! No added sugars or high fructose corn syrup in this yummy goodness! If only I had grown the apples myself!


The pineapples and blueberries taste great mixed with a little Chobani Greek Yogurt! Yum!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

SOOOO YUM! thanks for the great ideas much go shopping!

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

I love making juice. I juice carrots twice a day and I know what you mean about lots of pulp!
Kim